Man is a slow, sloppy and brilliant thinker; the machine is fast, accurate and stupid.
– John Pfeiffer
Whenever pairing a milling and acquisition unit together for the first time, you must force a software download to the milling unit. Here’s how:
- Add the milling unit in the devices window.
- Turn off the milling unit using the rocker switch in the back.
- Open the front door to reveal the water tank- look to the right for a silver button. Press and hold the button.
- While holding the button, turn on the milling unit and slowly count to 15.
- Return to the software, click on Settings/Configuration/Devices. This will start the download. The following message will appear at the bottom the devices window: Downloading Software to Mill Unit or Com1.
- If the devices window is already open after holding the reset button, click on refresh status. This will start the download.
- The download will take approximately 3-4 minutes.
- This process may need to be repeated several times to work.
Source: Patterson Support